My husband and I would normally be doing some sort of physical activity everyday. However for the past few months my husband has been injured and my pregnancy has taken its toll. I have noticed that we have both turned to sugar and become a little irritable, more specifically at his growing waist line and my ever widening backside! What is comes down to is mental attitude. After a coaching conversation between the two of us, here are some psychological top tips to get out the funk when you can't do the level of normal activity you would like to do:
1. Visualise being back to full health. It amazing how that can lift ones mood, especially if you have an idea of what your back to health time line is.
2. Honour your feelings. Recognise that you don't feel great but DO NOT beat yourself up and through visualisation and being optimistic you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
3. Re-visit your goals. Set smaller, more achievable ones which motive you and not discourage you.
4. Take control - injuries can be so frustrating as they can make you feel powerless, it doesn't have to be that way. Find the exercises you can do and DO NOT reach for that piece of cake. Is not going to make you feel better, you are going to make you feel better for you.
5. Finally it is important to know that this period in your life WILL PASS.